Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

New Mercies Each Morning


Our Florida trip went well and on the return we took a side trip out to Jekyll Island (above) to do a bit of exploring.  Carol and I have gone there numerous times and it was fun to stop in and see that delightful area again.  This is one of the few places on the island that has large driftwood on the beach.  Most beaches are totally clear and great for hiking or biking.

We were royally entertained at the Sebring Center and just could not work in enough meals to take advantage of all of the invitations.  We have a very gracious group of people living there and we enjoyed visiting with many and participating in some of their activities during our brief visit.  This certainly could be an option down the road…A matter for prayer!  I have been reading a book recommended by my brother-in-law “Finishing Well to the Glory of God” and have been made more aware of the need to “let go” as we get older, which it is not always all that easy to do.  I am thankful for input and prayer from my family and friends.

I just completed reading Lamentations and was once again amazed at how Jeremiah could face such tragedy with the once beautiful Jerusalem and at the same time retain his hope and trust in the Lord.  Through it all, he says; “I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss.  Yet I still dare to hope when I remember  this:  The faithful love of the LORD never ends!  His mercies never cease.  Great is thy faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.”  (Lamentations 3:20-23)  AMEN!

Thanks so much for your faithful calls, notes and prayers!

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home