Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pray and not give up!


“Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.”  (Luke 18:1) Then he proceeded to tell about the persistent widow.  With the many challenges that friends are currently facing, that has been a good reminder for me not to give up praying.

I talked with Stuart a few minutes ago.  He has just finished a full day of tests at Duke which included the painful bone marrow test.  They will be spending the night there where hopefully Stuart will be able to get some good rest after all of the invasive procedures today.  If he is up to it, I plan to drive them to Florida next week to investigate the possibility of eventually joining our retirement facility there.  Join me in praying for them…for strength, stamina and wisdom in all of the decisions hitting them, along with special wisdom for the medical people as they decide how best to attack his condition.   I am praying for a complete remission!

Justin drove back from Michigan on Sunday and I had the opportunity to spend some time with him before taking Lisa to the airport for her return to DC.  Laura and Ella flew back on Monday and at last report were taking it easy but doing well for which we do thank the Lord.  It will be much better for the little one to hold off for a few more weeks.

I completed my physical therapy sessions on Thursday and now am having to focus on keeping up with the exercises that they assure me will bring me back to normal again.  I am thankful that my back is so very much better, but I still “know that it is there.”

Thanks so much for faithfully praying.  I trust that we will never give up as long as we have breath.

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home