Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, June 06, 2013

Humbled


What a delightful time I enjoyed in Indiana!  The weather outlook for Saturday was not good for Calli’s open house, but the rain stopped early in the day and we were able to enjoy the yard and even get a couple of games going.  It was wonderful to have most of the family there for the event too. 

On Sunday the familly had a birthday brunch for me that lasted late into the afternoon.  My three daughters (note photo) were the main organizers of the event and did an outstanding job.  I had expected this to primarily be a family event but was humbled by the number of friends coming from long distances for the celebration.  A dear couple drove all the way from Charlotte, several came from Michigan, and Carol’s two brothers and their wives drove in from Wisconsin.  It was a full but fun day!  I had planned to drive back to Charlotte on Monday but delayed my departure until Tuesday to get rested up for the return.  It also gave me a bit more time with the girls who did not leave until later in the day on Monday.

My back is continuing to improve but it still is a bit of a challenge to put on my socks and to bend over.  That makes it difficult to continue sorting and packing for the move to Florida.  It appears that my house here is likely sold, so that is putting a bit more pressure on me to get ready for the move when that time comes.

Thanks so much for the phone calls, greeting cards and messages.  It seems impossible that I have broken into the next decade, but I felt better when someone reminded me that I was not all that old because I am still 20 years away from100. Now that is an encouragement!

Blessings to all of you,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home