Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Exalting and Praising

Today as I was on the computer and not paying attention to the activity outside, I heard a knock on my door and when I looked up there were two sand cranes looking through the glass.  Apparently they felt ignored.  I thought that you would enjoy seeing the big guys.  They must be about three feet tall and most interesting to watch.

Today as I was reading the last Psalm that David wrote I couldn’t help but notice how he both began and ended the Psalm giving an indication of his feeling toward his Lord:  “I will exalt you my God and King and praise your name forever and ever…I will praise the Lord and may everyone on earth bless his holy name forever and ever.”  (Psalm 145:1& 21)  I was thinking how great it would be to begin and end each day in the same way as my daily focus, so that is my goal.

Tomorrow I will be leaving early for Raleigh/Durham to visit friend Keith.  He has been putting in many extra hours on the job and is ready for a few days break so he asked me if I would be available to come that way to share his few days of vacation.   I am finding a benefit of retirement is the extra freedom to take advantage of spur-of-the moment activities.  I am praying for safe travel with minimal delays and for a good time together catching up on our lives.

Love to you all,


Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home