Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, August 11, 2014

Times flies when having fun

I am amazed how “busy” I can get when not going to a regular job Monday through Friday.  I even find myself getting behind in keeping up on the blog each week. 


We have been having some rather humid and rainy weather causing me to focus more on inside activities because my repertory system does not respond well to that weather, requiring additional medication which I prefer to avoid as much as possible.

Saturday morning we had a bit cooler and dryer air, so I did some minor yard work around the planting areas.  I was amazed to see that the 20” papaya tree that I planted three months is now about 10’ tall and I counted 21 papayas from 3” in length to small nubbins that have appeared. 

Speaking about being busy, interruptions like the wildlife around the lake takes some of my time.  The vast variety of birds, huge turtles, alligators and my favorite, the Sand Hill Cranes.  While typing this there was a knock on the glass door by my computer desk.  Glancing up I saw two of the cranes trying to get my attention.  When I didn’t respond to the knocking, the male started pecking loudly on the door knob.  When I opened the door and went out, they jumped into the air with their huge wings outstretched and seemed to be begging.  I cut a slice of multi-grain bread, tearing pieces for them to gobble down.  That seemed to satisfy them and they continued on searching for tasty tidbits under the sod as they continued around the lake.

I suspect that you have seen news reports about the challenges in Liberia at the ELWA Hospital.  Kent and Nancy continue to slowly improve,  our non-essential personnel have been evacuated and continue to be healthy as they are closely monitored for any indication of the Ebola Virus.  Please join us in thanking the Lord for answered prayer and continue praying for those infected along with the dedicated people ministering to them in extremely uncomfortable conditions with hot protective clothing in extremely hot temperatures.  They need great wisdom along with good health and extra stamina.  We are thankful for them and for those arriving to assist them.  It is our prayer that the Lord will be glorified through many lives!  The Psalmist says “My suffering was good for me, for it taught me to pay attention to your decrees.”  (Psalm 119:71)

Have a blessed week,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home