Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, June 15, 2015

A Final Task

I finished my study of the Proverbs this weekend and was reminded again in that 31st chapter what a tremendous blessing God’s choice of a wife is, and how thankful I am for the nearly 49 years that Carol and I were able to enjoy together.  At this time seven years ago, we were struggling with Carol’s final weeks of battle with cancer.  With the help of friends, family and Hospice we were able to participate in Justin and Laura’s wedding on the 21st of June!  It was no small challenge for Carol to travel from North Carolina to Michigan and return, but it was a tremendous answer to prayer to accomplish one last task in the small bundle of wishes that Carol wanted to accomplish before completing her time on earth.

Justin has completed his tour of duty, serving as a dentist in The Air Force and is joining a dental practice in Tennessee after evaluating numerous opportunities.  The movers unloaded their goods about a week ago, and they tell me that they are feeling somewhat at home now but are not fully settled.  I sure know how that feels!  I need to be in the north next week, so plan to spend the weekend with them, celebrate their anniversary, continue to the lake house and continue on later in the week.  It will be some long days of driving, but I am excited to see them again and feel healthy enough to travel.  We last were together in Orlando some weeks ago.  It will be fun to hear about all the new things that the girls have learned since then.

I trust that you are enjoying the summer.  It has been delightful here, but I was surprised to hear from a friend in North Carolina that their temperature hit 105 today.  That is mighty high for that part of the country.  We have been running only in the lower 90’s in this area of Florida.

Do keep friends Jerry and Stuart in your prayers as they battle cancer.  Jerry had some negative news about his cancer last week and is in the process of evaluating a change in treatment.  They and the medical people need much wisdom from God on how best to proceed!

Love to you all,


Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home