Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Travel ahead

It has been a great thrill for me to be available to help a bit in moving Stuart and Donna to Sebring and see them getting nicely settled into their new home.  It was only with God’s help, guidance and strength that it was accomplished, but we are all thrilled to have them here.  So far the major effects from Stuart’s CJD has been a slowing down and memory gaps, but I have to admit to having that in my own life on a smaller scale without CJD.  When one of us in the village can’t recall something there is always someone that is quick to remind us that; “You belong here!”  J
  
With the move completed now, I plan to head out tomorrow to visit family members and friends along the way.  My first stop will be with friend Keith in Raleigh/Durham, then on to Washington, DC to spend the weekend with daughter Lisa.  From there I will spend a couple of days at the lake house in Indiana before continuing on.  I have two new great grandchildren that I will be excited to meet for the first time as I continue my trip from there.  Join me in praying for safe travel over the many miles.

As I have been reading through the gospel of Luke these past few days, I have been exploring the parables of Jesus, asking the Lord to show me what He wants me to learn from each one.  I have been amazed at how much more I have learned from each one as I prayerfully consider how it applies to my life and the adjustments that I need to make.  The slower study and greater focus upon the application of each chapter for my life this year has caused me to dig even deeper into the background and application of what I am reading.  Some mornings I am enjoying it so much that I have a difficult time getting up and continuing to move on to the tasks of the day.

I know that many of you have been visiting family members and friends, enjoying the beautiful summer weather.  I think of you often and trust that our paths will cross again soon.

Love to all,


Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home