Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, July 10, 2015

Catching Up

Sorry for the delay in getting another blog out.  No, I didn’t get to close to the edge of the world and fall off.  There were several changes in my travel plans and they actually extended my trip by a few days and miles.  It was special to get several things accomplished at the lake house and to be able to handle some business matters in Michigan.

On my return I spent a couple of days in Charlotte visiting my dear friend Stuart and his family.  His prognosis is not good.  The chemo used to hopefully arrest the cancer has caused brain damage which has activated a very rare additional problem which is indicating that he likely has only two months of “good” life remaining.  It is his desire that he and his wife move to Sebring as soon as possible, so we spent considerable time talking, praying, planning and yes, crying.  It is really difficult to move away from family at a time like this for everyone, but he would like to get them moved into the house that they have here so his wife will be settled at such time as the Lord takes him home.  As difficult as it is, his children are in agreement and doing all they can to help.  I was helping a bit with the Charlotte plans and will also be working on making the transition as smooth as possible on this end.

My good friend Jerry who lives here also received a bad report for his doctor while I was away and is now under Hospice care.  His cancer seems to be progressing so rapidly and the doctors have been unable to arrest it.  While these things are difficult, I can’t imagine how a non-believer in Christ and his Word could deal with something like this!

Please pray for both of these men and their families.  They both have so faithfully served the Lord both in Africa and in the U. S. for many years, and are continuing to impact multitudes as they bravely face nasty procedures with their hope never wavering, as they anticipate their soon passing through that curtain into an eternity with their Lord and Savior, completely free of any further illness or pain.

The anniversary of Carol’s passing was on the 8th  of July, so this has been a bit more emotional for me at this time.  Some things you never forget, but at the same time there are an overwhelming number of wonderful memories to focus upon.  What a blessing that is!

I trust that you all have a blessed weekend!  I hope to find time to work in a bit of extra sleep!

Love to all,


Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home