Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Travel Continues

My trip has been going extremely well.  I was able to spend a couple of days with friend Keith in Raleigh/Durham and the weekend with daughter Lisa in Washington, DC.  While in DC we visited the National Arboretum and hiked out to see the Capitol Columns.  The columns were part of the east portico of the capitol constructed in 1828, standing there proudly until 1958 when an addition was added to the capitol.  At that time they were moved into storage.  In the 1980’s they were placed on foundation stones also removed from the east side of the capitol, and located on a large elevated 20-acre tract at the National Arboretum.  They reportedly are the most photographed feature of the huge arboretum grounds with incredible detailed workmanship at the top of each column, perched on a hill attracting much attention from visitors.

I have been enjoying a relaxed couple of days at the lake with Karin and Keith but will continue on to Chicago tomorrow, visiting friends at Moody, then continuing on to spend a bit of time with Carol’s brother Phil and wife Nancy.  It is a great blessing to be able to visit so many friends and family members on this trip.

During my travels I have been studying the Gospel of John, enjoying a review of the encounters that Jesus had recorded by John, again being reminded by John that “These are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the son of God.”  (John 20:31)  I always enjoy John’s focus on the miraculous signs Jesus performed to validate his position as The Son of God.  They are practical and in an easy to understand format but I continue to find new truths every time that I reread them.  They certainly confirm the validity of the Scripture!

Thanks so much for your continued prayers as I travel.  I think and pray for each of you frequently.

Love to all,


Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home