Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Northern Most Point

I have reached the northern most point in my trip, arriving yesterday in Sault Ste. Marie, MI to visit daughter Sue and her husband.  Sitting in their living room I look out over the St. Mary’s River watching ships heading to and from the Sault Locks.  Across the river in Canada, the wind turbines slowly turn, generating power for the Canadian Sault.  The huge ships passing by are always interesting with some coming from far-away countries, having entered the great lakes through the St. Laurence Seaway.  Tomorrow I will begin my return south spending the weekend at the lake in Indiana with family members before moving on to Florida.

Late last week I was amused as I listened to various media people discuss the hurricane heading for southern Florida on Sunday/Monday, with one reporter even attempting to suggest a possible similarity with the one that struck New Orleans ten years ago.  Actually the reports did cause me to call friends back in Florida, only to find that they were only anticipating a bit more rain from the storm as it passed by.   I suspect that the more dramatic reports do generate more listenership for programs but at the same time I wonder how often after hearing the “wolf cry” too often, people in a targeted area may ignore warnings and be unprepared for the real event?

With all of my visits, it has been a bit of a challenge for me to keep up on my daily reading in the book of John, but today I was able to complete the final chapter and continue into the book of Acts.  I like the way that John with his first-hand reporting was lead to relay events, moving the reader to the point of commitment upon believing in Jesus as God’s son.  It is extremely difficult to argue with any degree of rationality, when seriously evaluating the evidence that John gives, much of which was from his own observation.   

I always appreciate your calls and emails as I travel keeping me updated about your lives and reminding me of your prayers.  That is a tremendous encouragement!  Currently I am unable to make or take phone calls because they would be handled by the towers across the river in Canada at a rather high roaming cost.  Fortunately I get prompt text messages reminding me of the potential problem when the signal passes over to those towers so my phone is turned off until I move further from the border tomorrow.

I trust that your week is off to a good start and that you are experiencing the Lord’s presence in your lives providing His peace and guidance!

Love to you all,


Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home