Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, June 12, 2016


I had a delightful visit with daughter Lisa in DC and we were thrilled to have son-in-law Keith join us for a couple of days. We enjoyed staying in Lisa’s new home there which gives her considerably more room along with a nicely landscaped yard to enjoy.

While Keith was with us, we took a walk over to the Soldiers and Airmen’s Home where we toured the home that we were told Abraham Lincoln spent more time as president than he did in the White House.  It was interesting to learn more about Lincoln and his desire to be close to returning service men to encourage them and get first-hand reports on the war which was a great concern to him.  The home was only a short horseback ride from the White House so he could return quickly if needed.

I was pleased with the extra stamina that I had for the trip so I am feeling more confident about attempting some longer trips this summer.  It seems that I am getting a good balance with medications keeping the side-effects minimized while still accomplishing their purpose.  Some of these wonder drugs can generate side-effects that may cause more problems than they alleviate. 

I trust that each of you had a blessed weekend and are ready for the new week.

Love to all,


Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home