Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, January 22, 2006

My Only Comfort

Dear Friends,
Thank you for your faithfulness in checking this site and praying for me. My health stays pretty much the same these days, except that breathing has become very difficult. I may have to "give in" and get at least one lung cavity drained again soon. I rested almost all day Saturday; maybe I tried to do too much on Friday.

A few nights ago I was sitting in my recliner as usual and before going back to sleep, I was trying to recall the words of a beautiful old Christian confession that begins "My only comfort in life and death...." I couldn't remember it, so I wrote to my friend Carol in Illinois for help. She sent the following, along with a note about how relevant it is to someone in chemo! (Sometime this week my hair will probably begin to fall out, and a neighbor is standing by to give me a buzz cut.)

My Only Comfort

My Only Comfort in life and in death is that I am not my own but belong body and soul to my faithful Savior, Jesus Christ.

He has fully paid for all my sins with his precious blood and has set me free from the tyranny of the devil. He also watches over me in such a way that not a hair can fall from my head without the will of my heavenly father.

In fact, all things must work together for my salvation.

Because I belong to him, Christ by his Holy Spirit assures me of eternal life And makes me wholeheartedly willing and ready from now on to live for him.

Heidelberg Catechism, 1563

Isn't that beautiful?

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home