Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Sunshine or Rain

I have to admit that living in North Carolina has spoiled me; I prefer sunshine. Also, living so many years with really good health spoiled me; I prefer health. Still, having cancer has brought so many blessings to my life, both human and divine, that I'm thankful. The other day I read a short rhyme by Henry Van Dyke: If all of life were sunshine/ Our face would long to gain/ And feel once more upon it/ The cooling splash of rain. So even as I pray to be healed, and even as I thank you for praying for that too, today I choose to find the gifts of grace that come because of this "rainy" season in my body. God is good!

I slept well in my propped up pillows again last night, and had energy yesterday to do a good amount of editing and re-writing work. So much to be thankful for. I'm thankful for you too!

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home