Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Getting Out

Guess what! I get to go to Sunday School today (no hugs or handshakes)! Only if you're a member of our class, or if you've been our guest there, will you understand why that makes me so happy. During our almost 9 years in that class, as teacher Tom Bowers has led us on a relentless pursuit of God, we have been prepared to see and trust God in all the circumstances of this cancer. Besides, it's the lovingest group you could ever wish to meet.

Last night I was having one of those rare awake times, so I turned on my CD player. Lisa (who arrived safely on Saturday) had slipped in a CD by Michael Card ("Sleep Sound in Jesus"), and I sat there listening to those beautiful lullabies. Then my mind wandered to you faithful prayer partners, and I almost gasped in awe. To think of the tremendous power of our combined prayers! I know God has been hearing your prayers and blessing me through them. Then my mind wandered to Iraq, where my cousin's son David has just been deployed. I ache for him and hundreds of thousands of other people who for freedom's sake have willingly entered a war zone. So I wonder if I could ask us all today to unite our prayers on behalf of the military: that God will turn back the evil plans of the terrorists, that He will give wisdom to leaders both American and Iraqi, and that He will personally protect the men and women who are standing in for us in this struggle against terrorism, both in Iraq and elsewhere. Thank you.

I was already falling asleep as the CD ended with a beautiful blessing: The Lord bless you and keep you. The Lord make His face to shine upon you. And give you peace. And give you peace. And give you peace forever.

Amen.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home