Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, February 03, 2006

Trust His Heart

Our Sunday School teacher sent a note asking us to study God's heart in preparation for next Sunday; we're to read Isaiah 43 and the first 8 verses of Isaiah 44, looking specifically for indications of what is in God's heart. I did it yesterday and liked it so much I plan to reread it today. Our teacher reminded us of the song by Cynthia Clausen which contains these words: "He sees the master plan. He holds the future in His hand. ...When you don't see His plan, when you don't understand, trust His heart." That gives good reason to study what God's heart is like, don't you think?

I was able to go to the office for a couple of hours yesterday. Today I plan to do some work on the magazine here at home. The issue I'm working on is all about cities and what SIM workers and our church partners are doing there. We're rapidly approaching the point where half of the people on earth will live in urban centers. Only God can meet the unspeakable needs of these masses of individuals, and it's our privilege to work alongside Him in His work. I'm humbled as I research the stories of sacrifice and hard work of workers ministering to people living with HIV/AIDS, children at risk, young people without hope, as well as urban professionals (most of whom are also without spiritual hope until someone brings them to Christ). There are some very innovative programs that are making a difference, and I love telling the stories.

I'm so grateful to you for checking on me and praying for me. I am learning from you what it means to stand with a friend in prayer, and if God gives me life, I intend to be a more faithful friend in the future, more consistent in prayer for those who need it.

With my love and thanks,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home