Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Through it all

Around 2 a.m. I had some wakeful minutes, and an old song kept ringing through my mind. (I remember singing it as a duet with my friend Dick, back in Kalamazoo, Michigan, almost 40 years ago.) It's not great poetry, but it's great truth. A few of the words: "I thank God for the mountains and I thank Him for the valleys. I thank Him for the storms He's brought me through. For if I'd never had a problem, I'd never know that He could solve them, I'd never know what faith in God could do. Through it all...I've learned to trust in Jesus. Through it all...I've learned to depend upon His Word."

I haven't said Hallelujah for awhile, but I do keep having Hallelujah days. I am so thankful. Tiny things come up almost every day, but they are tiny! I'm blessed beyond all expectations.

My afternoon at the office yesterday went well, and the writing/re-writing/editing of the SIM magazine is essentially done. (Let's hope my chemo brain hasn't overlooked something really important.) In more than 5 years as editor, I don't remember a time when things have gone more smoothly. Thanks for praying with me about this.

Bless you all!
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home