Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, March 06, 2006

Ask Boldly

My childhood friend told me we are to come to our heavenly Father as a loved human child would approach a parent, boldly asking for whatever she wants. "Don't shyly hide behind the fear that the Father might not think it's a good idea," she said. "Even a good human parent will refuse an unwise request, but that doesn't stop the child from asking. Our Father knows that we will accept whatever He chooses, but let us ask boldly for what we want."

So I asked boldly for the numbness in my face to go away. And starting yesterday afternoon, the feeling began to return. It still feels a little funny, but it's much more normal. Thank You, Father!

We have a bunch of wonderful people here at the mission for 3 weeks; they're applying to serve somewhere in the world with SIM. This morning I get to do a session with them on how to write newsletters that grab the readers' attention. The purpose of those letters is to help their friends pray effectively for their work, so I view this opportunity as a huge privilege. Then this afternoon we'll take my brother Dan and his wife Marg to the airport. It's been wonderful to have them here.

Thanks so much for continuing to care and pray.

Love,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Mon Mar 06, 09:39:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

Hi! We had a similar talk from Mel Walker only two weeks ago when we went to the Sydney SIM office for special State Ministry Director training!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home