Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, March 12, 2006

He Rides the Wings of the Storm

In the Exodus (chapter 10 and 14), God frequently used stormy winds to accomplish His purpose to deliver the Israelites from their slave-holders in Egypt. Storms seem threatening, until we can see them as God's instruments for our good.
Though winds are wild,
And the gale unleashed,
My trusting heart still sings:
I know that they mean
No harm to me,
He rides upon their wings. (from "Streams in the Desert" March 12)

I pray--both for myself and for all of you who are encountering storms--that He Who rides on the winds will accomplish all His good purpose.

The nephew of my brother-in-law has been suffering severely from colorectal cancer and a full range of ineffective medical interventions. A couple of days ago he contracted painful shingles. I wonder if you'd lift up a prayer for him. He surely needs deliverance from pain. He's also in great need of hope and encouragement. Thanks for praying.

I'm feeling a little good pain this morning, not from cancer or chemo but from an "honest" half-day's work in the garden. It was such a gorgeous day. We walked around the pond before sunrise. Spent most of the morning running errands and buying yard supplies. Then, of course, we had to use those supplies. At 5 pm I collapsed in the recliner and actually slept a half hour. After that, I did no more work except prepare and clean up dinner, and I think we both hit the bed by 8 pm. What a marvel it is to have this much energy at this stage in the chemo--and what a blessing it is to be able to sleep through the night. I am so thankful for your prayers and for God's goodness.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home