Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Your Will...Not Mine!

Yesterday as I (Chuck) was reading Mark 14 in the One Year Bible, the words of Jesus “Please take this cup of suffering away from me. Yet I want your will, not mine” jumped off the page. That’s our prayer too Lord! His words in vs. 38 are clear, “Keep alert and pray. Otherwise temptation will overpower you. For though the spirit is willing enough, the body is weak.” Throughout the day, I was thinking about the fellow in vs. 51 who was following behind when the mob grabbed him, tore off his clothing, and he ran away naked. No name…nothing more said about him. I like to believe that was Mark himself. Just letting the readers know that he was there, but this experience was about Jesus, not about himself. That reminds me of John the Baptist who said about Jesus, “He must increase. I must decrease.”

Cancer has changed our plans/lives, but He has not changed. As we were comparing our calendars the other day, we were again reminded that while we can write in plans for future months, it is the Lord that provides the health and strength to carry them out, so I trust that we are more prayerful about those plans and quicker to say…your will Lord, not ours. It is really about Him…not us!

Your encouragement and prayers mean so very much to both of us, and we are thankful that you allow us to share in your sufferings as many of you face challenges at this time.

Have a wonderful weekend reflecting on God’s love and goodness!

We love you,

Chuck…and Carol too

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home