Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

What if?

Sometimes my brain goes off in its own direction.
To next Monday: what if they can't find a good vein?
To next summer: what if the cancer comes roaring back?
To next year: what if I can't continue to be my grandchildren's friend?

Then a wiser voice prevails: What if God changes?

And I smile. I know He won't. And if He won't change, none of the other "What ifs" matter.

At my follow-up visit with the surgeon yesterday, he said I'm doing great and can do whatever I want to do. "Even the YMCA?" I asked. "Yes," he said. "I was wishing you'd say no," I joked, "Because I don't like to exercise." "Okay," he laughed, "No--whatever you want." We both chuckled, and of course I'll go back to the "Y" whether I like it or not. I'm thankful to have recovered from surgery so completely.

I'm thankful for your prayers.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home