Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, March 30, 2006

With God in the Dark

This morning I read, "It's better to walk with God in the dark than alone in the light." Nobody likes dark times, but alone is far worse. Focusing these days on Jesus' sufferings, I'm realizing that perhaps His very worst suffering was caused by His aloneness. His Father, with whom He had enjoyed infinitely intimate relationship forever, had to turn His face away because Jesus was carrying my (our) stench of sin. So Jesus walked alone in the dark--for us--in order that we would never ever have to face anything alone, without God. What a gift of Grace!

I'm planning to work at home today, as I have stacks of reports and missionary letters to read, and it seems I can do that more efficiently in this quiet place. I feel well this morning, eager for the day.

I hope to get some answers from the doctor on Monday, April 3, about how things are progressing and what our next steps will/should be. Thank you so much for your interest; I'll try to give a clear update in Tuesday's blog. Meanwhile, we continue to pray that God will search out every cancer cell and destroy it.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home