Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Indescribably Magnificent

"The moment one gives close attention to anything, even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious, indescribably magnificent world in itself." (Henry Miller)

Until cancer taught me to slow down and be still, I'm afraid I didn't know how to give close attention to anything! This is one of the gifts of grace that I'm experiencing these days.

Chemo went well yesterday, and the blood work was all in normal range. (No report yet on the CA 125). Afterwards I enjoyed the afternoon lying on the chaise on the patio, watching and listening to the birds, reading a little, and resting a lot. I prepared dinner, cleaned up and went to bed by 8. Notwithstanding all the day's rest, I slept quite well through the night as well. I am so thankful.

I plan to go to the office for a couple of hours this morning, as I feel strong enough and have some things I want to check on.

Lisa comes in early tomorrow morning. Wednesday is the day I usually feel weakest, but I'm certainly not going to talk myself down to that if I can help it.

I'm so grateful for your prayers. You can see that God is answering. Thanks to all who pray also for Chuck. He carries a heavy burden too, and he's so wonderful about dealing with the insurance billings (why are they so chaotic?). I appreciate him.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home