Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Looking Good

I mentioned some time ago that I was reading Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning. Here's a line that sobers me: "The temptation of the age is to look good without being good. If 'white lies' were criminal offenses, we would all be in jail by nightfall." I'm worrying that when I write my thoughts about Christ's sufferings, and my aspirations to keep my mind focused on Him, I'll give the impression that I'm some kind of supersaint. Nothing could be a worse lie. It's because I struggle so much to keep Him large in my soul that I say so much about it--not because I've achieved. I do love Him, but poorly.

Daughter Karin, her husband Keith, and their kids Gavin and Calli drove in from Indiana yesterday. They'll be here to cheer my chemo week. It's a sacrifice of the children's spring break, a gift of love.

Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that we were checking out the "Hallelujah" diet yesterday. I don't want a big debate with devotees. I'll simply say that what we heard didn't convince us to follow that strict vegetarian plan as our next attack on the cancer. (We have already made many reasonable diet changes, but at this point the total "Hallelujah" scheme doesn't seem right for us.)

Chemo is Monday at 11:45. On Tuesday we'll let you know whatever new information we learn from the doctor. The current reading on the CA 125 tumor marker blood test probably won't be available until our Friday morning posting.

Have a wonderful Sunday.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home