Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, April 01, 2006

The Spirit Is Willing

Jesus warned Peter and the other disciples that they should stay alert and pray, because "the spirit is willing enough, but the body is very weak." Sure enough, they slept; and when the moment of truth came, they all ran away. As our bodies weaken--whether through pain, fatigue or mere old age--we'll reveal by our responses whether we've strengthened our souls during the sweet times so they can do the right thing even in the bitter times. Any ideas on how to do that?

Today we're going to Shelby, NC, to listen to a lecture on the Hallelujah diet. We promised ourselves that we'd research various options for dealing with my cancer after the 6-course chemo is finished on April 24. I'm inclined to think the Hallelujah program is entirely too drastic, but we'll give it a listen at least.

This week I've talked with the widows/widowers of several good friends who fought a losing battle with their cancer. All of them suffered terrible effects of chemo. I think your prayers and God's kindness are making such a huge difference for me. Thanks.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home