Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Steady Now

We've landed on our emotional feet, after some hours of dreading the worst. We are choosing to live life fully and to trust God alone. (Maybe at some level we were putting too much confidence in the chemo?) Thanks so much for all the encouraging notes, prayers and virtual hugs.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer has something to say about life:

TODAY
Each morning is a new beginning of our life.
Each day is a finished whole.
The present day marks the boundary of our cares and concerns.
It is long enough to find God or to lose Him, to keep faith or fall into disgrace.

God created day and night for us so we need not wander without boundaries,
But may be able to see in every morning the goal of the evening ahead.
Just as the ancient sun rises anew every day,
So the eternal mercy of God is new every morning.
Every morning God gives us the gift of comprehending anew His faithfulness of old;
Thus, in the midst of our life with God, we may daily begin a new life with Him.

The first moments of the new day are for God's liberating grace,
God's sanctifying presence.
Before the heart unlocks itself for the world,
God wants to open it for Himself;
Before the ear takes in the countless voices of the day,
It should hear in the early hours the voice of the Creator and Redeemer.
God prepared the stillness of the first morning for Himself.
It should remain His.

Beautiful truth!

Blessings,
Carol and Chuck

2 Comments:

At Sat Jun 10, 11:57:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your entries of this last week and realize the roller coaster that you have been on. I had tried to write to you and didn't succeed so we'll see if I can be anonymous.

 
At Sat Jun 10, 12:04:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your entries of this last week and realize the roller coaster that you have been on. I had tried to write to you and didn't succeed so we'll see if I can be anonymous.
I rejoice in your finding consolation in texts. I am reminded, and was last week too, of a writer named Edna Hong who wrote a book called the Downward Ascent, a reflective book. She talked about Bible verses that we need in this way. She said she had an apron with two pockets, one for verses for consolation, love, support and the other with verses that would chide, (my word) convict, call for repentence. It is an image that has stayed with me. I have often thought of that image as I found verses that I wanted to hang on to, come back to, dwell in.
I share music as consolation too. It is a memory I have of my childhood, of you playing. Music has often spoken to me deeply.

Prayers and love
Ammie G

 

Post a Comment

<< Home