Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Resisting Death


While we were at the lake, I wrote about the swans. I thought you might like to see this charming family. Notice how Mama's eyes are on her little ones, and Daddy is on the lookout for danger. (photo by Chuck)

Yesterday's update was rather sobering. One friend, a cancer survivor, wrote that she had also experienced "middle-of-the-night terrors." Best of all, she had also found instant comfort when she cried out to the Lord for help. My sister sent some paragraphs written by Watchman Nee, a Chinese Christian leader of the last century: "Unless a Christian plainly knows his work is finished and he no longer is required by the Lord to remain, he should by all means resist death. If the symptoms of death have been seen already in his body before his work is done, he positively should resist it and its symptoms. To concede (by sizing up our environment, physical condition, and feelings) that our time has come is an error on our part.... Any call for departure which does not come from the Lord ought to be opposed."

Problem: I find that the impressions I have when I'm fatigued and it's totally dark seem to be the voice of God. But even when I'm confused and despairing, He continues to be faithful! That's enough--all night and all day.

My grandson Jeremy showed me how to change the blogger settings to accept comments, so now I believe you will find it easy to leave brief messages on this site if you wish.

I enjoyed a full day at work yesterday. Thursday I will see the oncologist to discuss his ideas about ongoing treatment. How we need the Lord's wisdom!

Thanks again for your love and prayers.

Carol

2 Comments:

At Tue Jun 06, 06:59:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings to you, Carol.
I am a friend of Oanh Thu Henning -- the wife of your husband's cousin.
Early this year Oanh Thu told me about your blog site. I began reading it, and now reading it has become part of my daily routine. I always receive insight and direction from what you choose to share.
I have wanted to respond to you, but couldn't figure out how. Today you mentioned getting help from your grandson to make that task easier. I decided to try again, and 'voila' I found this route.
Hearing the quote from Watchman Nee (one of my favorite authors)is timely. It is direction for how to pray -- including my prayers for you. It is also timely for another one in my life -- my youngest daughter's father-in-law. He has been fighting for his life, and I believe almost given up. I will share that quote with him.
I am so thankful for the opportunity to have 'met' you. May God continue to do His marvelous weaving.
Have a blessed day!
Janet

 
At Tue Jun 06, 08:29:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Carol Wilson said...

Dear Janet,

Thank you so much for writing. If you'd like more of that quote, please let me know how to send it to you.

We saw the Hennings on Saturday; it was wonderful.

Blessings,
Carol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home