Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, June 08, 2006

What does it mean?

Yesterday morning we woke up with the expectation that sometime during the day we’d get word on the latest CA 125 tumor marker (I’d had blood drawn for it on Monday).

In my morning reading, I came to Romans 8. Several sentences leaped off the page and into my heart. Please, may I share them with you?

“If your sinful nature controls your mind, there is death. But if the Holy Spirit controls your mind, there is life and peace.” Verse 6

“The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you. And just as He raised Christ from the dead, He will give life to your mortal body by this same Spirit living within you.” Verse 11

“You should not be like cowering, fearful slaves. You should behave instead like God’s very own children, adopted into His family—calling Him, “Father, dear Father.” For His Holy Spirit speaks to us deep in our hearts and tells us that we are God’s children. And since we are His children, we will share His treasures—for everything God gives to His Son, Christ, is ours, too. But if we are to share His glory, we must also share His suffering.” Verses 15-17

“If we look forward to something we don’t have yet, we must wait patiently and confidently.” Verse 25

I’m not sure precisely what God intended for me to take away from this. Oh, I know that it’s general truth that applies to every one of His children throughout the world and in all generations. But I felt He was applying it to me specifically. Maybe He wants to give me the confidence that He intends a longer life for me on earth. On the other hand, maybe He wants to remind me of the wonderful life that succeeds this one. In either case, reading this chapter was great preparation for receiving the CA 125 report. It went up again—to 52.2. You may recall that six weeks ago it had dropped to 40.5, but then three weeks ago it was up to 46.2. Humanly, this is not the news we were hoping for. This morning we’re meeting with the oncologist, and we’ll learn how significant he thinks it is. Our hearts are set to trust God whatever it means.

Thanks for praying.
Love,
Chuck and Carol

2 Comments:

At Thu Jun 08, 07:10:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Carol,
Thank you for inviting others to walk this journey with you. Truly your pain is our pain and your joy is our joy. Today I feel the disappointment of the CA marker being up, but I'm immediately reminded of God's many words of encouragement to us in all circumstances -- I feel impressed to begin searching them out.
I'm sorry I couldn't get on the blog site yesterday. It was temporarily shut down for maintenance. I would like you to send me the rest of Watchman Nee's quote --I will give you my email address: tjadams@chartermi.net

 
At Thu Jun 08, 01:04:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Carol and Chuck

Precious sister and brother, beloved of God, I just wanted to write to say I love you. To say I see Jesus in you. Beautiful beyond words.

Just this morning I looked afresh at the word GRACE in God's word.
The first time the word is used in the OT is Gen. 6:8 and the last time is in the NT, in the last verse of the Bible in Revelation 22:21.
Because it is used in the last verse of Scripture it makes me even more eager to know more....therefore, what I've learned even today I am praying....

... that He grant the full measure of His grace to you...

...that Father, You grant Your holy influence on their souls, their spirits fully. Your grace that keeps, strengthens, increases them in Christian faith, knowledge, affection and kindles them even more fiercely to exercise the holy virtues of Christ Jesus....which are wonderfully strong already. Amen

In His love
Mona

 

Post a Comment

<< Home