Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Empty Nest--Again

Yes, the other two baby bluebirds flew away while we were at work. The whole bluebird family was a charming gift to us!

The magazine layout was so worth waiting for. Jeremy at Relevant Media Group did a brilliant job, and I can’t wait for you to see it. (For those of you who receive the SIM magazine, look forward to it in August-September. If you aren’t a subscriber but would like to be, let me know. It’s free and only 4 times a year.) By the way, RELEVANT magazine (for 20-something young adults) contains creative youth-oriented graphics and deep, sober reflections. We’re blessed to have them doing SIM’s design. (RELEVANTmagazine.com)

Here’s a quote by Winn Collier from the March-April RELEVANT: Jesus appeared [following His resurrection] and said, “Peace be with you.” Then He pulled back His robe and offered the fresh wounds to the disciples’ plain view, showing them His pierced hands and ripped-open side. Is this a strange scene, connected to a declaration of peace? Jesus’ peace, we find, is not naïve It is not a way of avoiding what is most heinous or what is most disturbing. The peace Jesus offers is no stranger to violence or abandonment or dread. Quite the opposite, it was won on a brutal cross. And Jesus stands now, in the midst of your nightmarish terror, fully alive, pierced hands outstretched, naming your reality. Peace.

I felt really well yesterday. I know God is answering our prayers. I worked a full day at the office, then had energy left over to make preparations for our camping trip.

We have an 8:30 appointment this morning for a blood test. I’m expecting to be cleared for take-off.

Last evening I posted an optional blog. Several people have asked about my anti-cancer regimen, and I finally typed it up. I really hope you won’t read it, because I’m such an amateur, and also I’m not well yet. But if you happen to be one of the curious ones, feel free to scroll on down. I want to say emphatically that none of these things is a substitute for prayer. I’m merely trying to cooperate with God for my healing.

I appreciate you!
Carol

2 Comments:

At Wed Jun 21, 07:35:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,

It's me again! I Love reading your cute bird story. I have a baby bird story from a few years ago. One day I walked out in the front yard and saw a brand new teeny tiny baby bird on the ground. It obviously had fallen out of a nest somewhere..but I did not see a nest. I knew not to touch it b/c if I did it's mom would disown it. I ran in the house and called our doggies vet to see what it would eat. This surprised me: the vet said to feed it CANNED dog food! I did that immediately. The little birdie was starved and it opened it's beak WIDE. His head pointed up and a very wide beak opened to welcome the dog food. Precious! They are precious in His sight. -xena church

 
At Wed Jun 21, 07:59:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Hannatu said...

I think our mama robin abandoned the nest. I believe she felt too exposed after the bushes got cut. At the same time we started having the windows open and she also got all the noise from the house. I think she suffered an extreme lack of privacy! It's too bad. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home