Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, September 10, 2006

If God Had a Wallet

"If God had a wallet, your picture would be in it." Think about that! I read it in the book Song of Songs by Brian Simmons--his attempt to show just how personal is God's love for each one of us.

On Friday I teased you with a peak at the amazing story of Drs. Tracy and Patty Goen in Nigeria. I should have told you the easy way to find the rest of the story. Simply Google "Dr. Tracy Goen" and select the Christianity Today article.

Yesterday I asked you to pray about a slight problem at the khemo I-V site on my arm. Thank you so much for praying. It is definitely better. If not fully cleared up by Monday, I will call the doctor, but I'm less concerned than yesterday. God is so good!

And now I'll pass along a chuckle that came from a friend in Ethiopia.

One year, at Christmas time, my mom went to my sister's house for the traditional holiday feast. Knowing how gullible my sister is, my mom decided to play a trick. Right after my sister had put the turkey in the oven, my mom said she needed something from the store and asked if my sister wouldn't mind going out to get it. When my sister left the house, my mom took the turkey out of the oven, removed the mixed stuffing, inserted a Cornish hen into the turkey, re-stuffed the turkey with the dressing, and placed the bird(s) back into the oven. When it was time for dinner, my sister pulled the turkey out of the oven and proceeded to remove the stuffing. When her serving spoon hit something hard, she reached in and pulled out the little bird. With a look of total shock on her face, my mother exclaimed, "Barbara, you've cooked a pregnant bird!" At the reality of this horrifying news, my sister started to cry hysterically. It took the entire family almost two hours to convince her that turkeys lay EGGS!! YES, My sister is BLONDE! (For new readers, I'll explain that I switched to blonde when kemo made me bald and I had to wear a wig, and I've been blessed with blonde jokes ever since. Well, I admit I asked for jokes, because we all know that laughter is healing.)

I hope your Sunday is or was blessed.

Love,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Sun Sep 10, 08:43:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Carol,

FYI about your neat very first sentence today that says "If God had a wallet, your picture would be in it."

Well, I got an email from our very neat SS teacher Tom Bowers on November 9, 2004 that says: "If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it." It was a HUGE help for my shaky self confidence as a God Chaser. I cut that saying out of his letter and put it on my fridge the day that I received it and it lives there!!!

Small world!! It is amazing how God uses books and people to get just the right encouraging words to us at just the right time.

hugs,
-xena

 

Post a Comment

<< Home