Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, September 18, 2006

Still I will say . . . Blessed

I mentioned this song yesterday:

Blessed be Your name in the land that is plentiful,
Where the streams of abundance flow, blessed be Your name.
Blessed be Your name when I'm found in the desert place,
When I walk through the wilderness, blessed be Your name.

Blessed be Your name when the sun's shining down on me;
When the world's all as it should be, blessed be Your name.
Blessed be Your name on the road marked with suffering;
Though there's pain in the offering, blessed be Your name.

Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise;
When the darkness closes in, Lord, still I will say,
Blessed be the name of the Lord, blessed be Your name.

You give and take away, my heart will choose to say,
"Lord, blessed be Your name."
by Matt and Beth Redman

I hope you sing this song in your church or hear it on your radio or CD. I'm glad to have songs like this to remind me where my heart is.

We had a cool answer to our prayer for a young friend for Jeremy for his remaining time here. Saturday he was running, stopped to play with the dog of neighbor friends of ours, and their grandson came out to meet him. He's staying with them for a few months. So we had them all over for lunch yesterday and later in the afternoon Jeremy went back to spend a little more time with him.

I'm reading the biography of Michael Cassidy, the remarkable South African who founded African Enterprise. Again, I'm asking the Lord to give me mental and spiritual alertness following my kemo tomorrow so I can enjoy music and a bit of reading in between the sleeping. Thanks so much for your continuing prayers.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home