Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, September 15, 2006

For God's Sake

Sometimes people say "For God's sake" irreverently, as a profanity. But what if we say it with reverence and awe? We do our work--or our play--for His sake. We pray and love--for His sake. By His grace we patiently bear unpleasant situations--for His sake. I think "For God's Sake" can be a good motto for today.

I read in a missionary's letter about three necessary Ps. They make sense to me!
Prayer
Perseverance
Patience

It wouldn't be a mistake to add a fourth P: People. Exasperating though they can be, this life is meant to be lived in community--and that means People. I need them! (And almost all the people in my life are wonderful, not exasperating.)

Yesterday I waded through a stack of papers on my desk generally classified as "To Do Sometime." What a relief! One more day of that and I'll be free to start working on the next edition of the SIM magazine.

I feel well. Thanks for your prayers. I'm praying--again--that God will keep me mentally and spiritually alert following kemo next Tuesday. He did it last time in answer to our prayers, and I was able to have fellowship with Him through music, reading and praying even when my body was practically shut down for a few days. Come to think of it, it would be wise for all of us to pray to be kept mentally and spiritually alert every day, wouldn't it?

To contribute to our laughter therapy, friends continue to send jokes. I thought this one was worth at least a chuckle: "The new Supermarket near our house has an automatic water mister to keep the produce fresh. Just before it goes on, you hear the sound of a thunderstorm and the smell of fresh rain. When you approach the milk cases, you hear cows mooing and witness the scent of fresh butter fat. When you approach the egg case, you hear hens cackle and the air is filled with the pleasing aroma of eggs frying. So far I have been too afraid to go down the toilet paper aisle."

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home