Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Fear . . . or Not

My first thought this morning was, "Thank You for a really good night's sleep." It truly was that. But there were some moments . . .

I woke up before 11 p.m. with fear about something totally unrelated to cancer and over which I have absolutely no control. Still, I was afraid. I prayed, exercising my right and calling to Fully Rely On God. Then, since I was still awake, I prayed for many of you--especially those I know who have trouble sleeping and those facing medical challenges. And after awhile, I fell peacefully asleep. So I meant it; it was a really good night's sleep. And now I'm looking at two verses from the Bible (from Isaiah 41) that speak to our fears:

"Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. . . .
For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand,
Saying to you,
'Fear not, I will help you.'"

As an old preacher said, "That's the word of a Gentleman." He will keep His word.

I'm feeling well. We watched a silly old movie last night, ate popcorn, and laughed a lot.

Love,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Wed Sep 13, 05:39:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Carol

That's my favourite passage in the whole Bible. Constantly gets me through the ups and downs of life and that Gentleman certainly does keep his promise!

I can just picture you two watching an old movie, eating popcorn and laughing a lot - wish I could have joined you!

Thank you for being so faithful with this blog...you are an inspiration.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home