Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Darkness . . . Brightness

"The Gift of Suffering." This is one of the readings in the dear little book, Praying Through Cancer. My former pastor's wife, herself a contributor to the book, sent it to me months ago and it continues to bless my dark days. Page 78 quotes Madame Guyon, a deeply spiritual Christian of the 17th century: "I have learned to love the darkness of sorrow; there you see the brightness of His face." May it be so!

My throat is better, my head less "poundy." Casablanca, which we saw on the big screen yesterday, was wonderful. (It's hard to imagine a movie in which marriage is honored above a love affair.) Chuck and Jeremy accompanied me without complaint, and even said they'd enjoyed it.

Today is Jeremy's last Sunday with us. Next weekend he'll make a farewell visit to his home and church, and the following weekend he'll be in Niger. We'll miss him.

Thanks for your prayers.

Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home