Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Alive without breathing?

One more quote about prayer, this one from Dr. Martin Luther King Jr: "To be a Christian without prayer is no more possible than to be alive without breathing." Well, still one more, from Arthur Pink: "Prayer is not so much an act as it is an attitude--an attitude of dependency, dependency upon God." These are lessons I'm learning. "Fully Rely On God."

It's silly, I guess, but when you have cancer small things seem potentially serious. My cough and tiredness led me to call the doctor's nurse yesterday--after I learned that someone I hugged last week ended up in hospital with pneumonia. The doctor sent me for a chest x-ray, and the report quickly came back "all clear, except for scar tissue." Well, it's good to know there's no pneumonia. But scar tissue? I haven't had lung disease or surgery. I think I'll have to call today and ask them to check again. In any case, we continue to pray that the cough will clear up and I'll get my strength back.

Nothing can touch our lives that has not first passed through God's loving, protective, encircling hands. We rest in Him.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home