Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, February 11, 2007

A New Song

For decades, the school song of the Moody Bible Institute has been a snappy little tune called "The Christian Fellowship Song." Last year the school commissioned a new hymn text by Timothy Dudley-Smith, one of today's best hymn-poets. Then a contest was opened for Moody alumni to provide the tune. While we were in Chicago, we got to sing the new Moody hymn. It is splendid--worthy of the high calling of the school. The winning composer is David McCallister, who lives right here in Fort Mill, SC. Moody holds the copyright. I'll share one of the stanzas here:

Be ours to use aright the gifts of thought and mind,
In Scripture take delight, and God's approval find:
Till through the Spirit and the Word
There stands revealed the living Lord.

Wouldn't that be a great goal for every day?

I was awake for awhile early this morning, and I think it was to give me time to pray for "Abraham," grandson Jeremy's friend in Niger. I spoke yesterday with Jeremy, and learned that Abraham seems to be in some sort of spiritual trouble. He had declared his intention some weeks ago to follow Jesus. He's been studying the Bible with Jeremy, and for awhile it seemed his life was showing improvement. But now, Jeremy says, he disappears for a couple of hours at a time and comes back with glazed eyes and strange behavior. A friend who retired recently after a lifetime in Africa told me it's not unusual for families in that religious system to place curses on someone who wants to follow Jesus. I realize there's nothing in our frame of reference to help us comprehend something like this. But could I beg you, anyway, to hit your knees on behalf of Abraham?

The day-after-kemo flush is gone, and I'm looking forward to a good Sunday. Friends will join us for church and lunch. I hope your Sunday is wonderful.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home