Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, February 12, 2007

Purpose

Despite extremely early bedtimes the past two nights, I woke up feeling "wasted" both yesterday and today. So I wonder why. Is the cancer beating me up again? Has the kemo destroyed something essential? Then I reflect on yesterday's Sunday school lesson, which was about Queen Esther. Our teacher made the point that in the ordinary events of life--some unremarkable and some terrifying--God is working His purpose out. So I'm remembering to Fully Rely On God, whether this unusual fatigue is merely ordinary or signals the start of a new battle. And that reminds me of a stirring hymn we sing sometimes at our office:

God is working His purpose out, as year succeeds to year;
God is working His purpose out, and the time is drawing near:
Nearer and nearer draws the time, the time that shall surely be,
When the earth shall be filled with the glory of God,
As the waters fill the sea.

Today our friend Mary is being surgically prepped for dialysis; we pray all will go well and that soon she'll get a donor kidney. (I'm embarrassed to complain about a little fatigue!)

Have a great day.
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home