Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

He Wins

Last Friday I closed a paragraph of the blog with one short sentence, “He wins,” speaking about God, of course. A friend (who is himself being monitored for cancer progress) wrote, “How great to say, War…He wins! Slavery, all kinds…He wins! Global warming…He wins! Grief…He wins! Cancer…He wins! Nothing in the universe can overcome the simple fact…He wins!” What a great way to face the day, knowing that the One who wins is infinitely good and kind.

Our friend with back pain was able to get in for a shot yesterday morning literally moments before her doctor was leaving for the day. She says it can take a week or more to know how effective it was, but oh, how we’re praying that she’ll get some lasting relief.

Thank you for your prayers. I know God is answering.

I was awake a little while in the night and relived a terrifying yet satisfying memory. One of our daughters went from her 3rd grade school day to do some shopping with a friend, with permission. It was a brutally cold winter day, and when she hadn't returned home by dinner time, I began to panic. First we took turns waiting at the bus stop so she wouldn't have to walk home in the dark. Then I called her friend, who had been home a long time already. Turns out our daughter had headed for home a bit earlier, and had unwittingly gotten on the wrong city bus. I had visions of her getting off and wandering lost in some dreadfully dangerous area. I called the bus office and soon my anxiety was resolved. Someone in the office called all the drivers (I didn't even know they had that capability--this was decades before cell phones) and found our little girl riding patiently back and forth, east to west, who knows how many circuits? We arranged to meet the bus at its nearest stop rather than have her transfer. The reunion was sweet. "Weren't you scared?" I asked. "Oh no," she replied, "I knew you'd find me." I felt incredibly honored by her trust. I wonder if God feels the same way when we completely trust Him, when we Fully Rely On God.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home