Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Happy Birthday, Johann --- sDg

sDg. These initials stand for the Latin phrase “Soli Deo Gloria,” to God alone be the glory. Johann Sebastian Bach, who was born on this date (March 21) in 1685, signed “sDg” at the close of his compositions. He loved God, and he wanted Him to get pleasure from the music he created. Writing the initials “sDg” wasn't especially spiritual; it was the sublime craftsmanship Bach put into his work that made it worthy of the glory of God. (Some of my happiest and most trying hours as a music student long ago were spent trying to master his intricate creations.)

I doubt if Bach’s greatness will ever be exceeded. But, you know, all of us can sign “sDg” at the close of every day if we have done our work (or our play or our relationships) with excellence. That would be a great goal for the remaining days of Lent. May it be so! Soli Deo Gloria!

Each day I’ve been feeling a little better. I’m indebted to the cancer patients who participated in testing this kemo drug some years ago; they proved that it’s too difficult to get it every week, but three weeks on and one week off is tolerable. I’m very glad that I’m not heading up for another kemo today. I will get blood drawn for a CA 125 test, and sometime Thursday I can let you know what the number is.

We ate dinner in our back garden last evening. Ah, spring! Today is supposed to be cooler again, but yesterday was fabulous.

sDg,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home