Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, June 18, 2007

Look!

Thought you might like a look at this year's bluebird pair. Below is a tender scene: Daddy Bluebird is feeding a mealworm to Mommy.

Inside are the babies; sorry I can't show them.
Yesterday we walked out of church singing:
"Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in his wonderful face;
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of his glory and grace."
For contrast, I made a rhyme out of advice from hell:
"Turn your eyes upon cancer,
Gaze deep at its menacing doom;
And the light and life that you once enjoyed
Will soon fade to depression and gloom."
No! Don't look there! Turn your eyes to Jesus.
For 18 months, God has miraculously shielded me from severe side effects of a multitude of kemo treatments. I'm so thankful. And we're praying that he will do it again this week. If the white cells, red cells, and platelets drop too low, it could force an interruption of treatment. Thanks for your prayers. (I get two drugs by infusion today, and then repeat one of them Tuesday and Wednesday.)
I asked you some time ago to pray for our friend who was waiting for a kidney transplant. She learned last week that there's a lesion on her pancreas. (Now they tell her--after all these months?!) If it's cancer, she'll enter treatment for that, but there will be no transplant. Let's pray for her.
Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home