Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, April 27, 2008

What we DO with adversity

Yesterday was a funny day. It seemed that I "had to" lie down and rest after every task that I did. Also, I was fighting a cranky digestive system all day. I feel much better this morning, as I did on Friday. I hope today is going to be a good day.

Teacher Tom again sent a "teaser" for this morning's class. The subject is Joseph, from Genesis 40 and 41. Joseph, through no fault of his own, was sold as a slave to Egypt, then imprisoned by his owner. Years passed with no relief. Tom writes: "I'm not sure God has promised that He will always remove burdens, fix difficult people in our lives, end hard times, smooth rough spots, make things better, ease the effort, or bring about a resolution to every enduring struggle. . . . He often seems as interested in what we do with our adversity as He is in simply putting an end to it." That is a great lesson to learn.

Dear friends from Illinois stayed with us last night, at our insistence. What encouragement they bring! She prepared dinner, and they were gracious about an early "good night" for me. They have to leave this afternoon; meanwhile we're thankful for more precious time with them.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home