Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Safe arrival

Our trip went well and we landed safe and sound at our kids' home. Chuck drove all the way, and I rested a lot, but didn't get sick. Grandson Gavin and I prepared dinner. Now both kids are at work: refereeing soccer games. Tomorrow Chuck and I will spend the day at the lake, and then they'll come out there for dinner. We'll spend Saturday and Sunday with the Michigan bunch.

The other day I heard a very inspiring radio interview with a Marine. He referred to their slogan: "Your best friend -- your worst enemy." As good as they are at what they do, I'd certainly rather be their friend than their enemy. So then I got to thinking about other applications of that slogan. We don't like to be anyone's enemy, but we really do need to be an enemy of evil. And of course, God is our best friend. Yet, He is a fearsome enemy of the devil and of evil.

The roads were lined with beautiful flowering trees all along the way. Gorgeous.

I'm not sure when I'll get online again.

Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home