Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Focus

Yesterday I realized that I was living with a certain amount of depression. Well, duh. It's no surprise, but it's also true that from a depressed frame of mind, everything appears darker and less hopeful. All my internet research was playing around in my consciousness, and let's just say it was not conducive to hope. I don't feel a need to pretend that I'm not sad. But I do feel a need to refocus my mind on God's goodness and His promises, and look away from what they call worst-case scenarios.

We're leaving early this morning to see our kids and grandkids up north. What a happy prospect! We'll be at the lake part of the time, where as you know we don't have a phone line, so postings to this blog will not happen daily. Thanks for your prayers for our safe travel, and we'll update you whenever we can.

I had a nasty digestive episode in the night; praying that it's over for now.

Our nurse friend's tumor turned out to be a huge ovarian cyst. The surgery went well and the doctor is confident there was no malignancy, but of course there will be biopsies anyway. She is as precious to us as a daughter, and we're so thankful for this good news.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home