Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Waking up tired

It seems that the one enduring effect of these pills is fatigue. Other things come and go, but tiredness is constant. One more week, and then I get a 2-week break. It will be welcome.

We're planning to travel north tomorrow to spend some time with the family. Travel is not difficult for me (Chuck insists on doing all the driving), and we don't have a lot scheduled for our time there. I'll take some of my office work along, as I can do it there as well as here. On Sunday afternoon there's a shower for bride and groom Laura and Justin.

My second cousin and lifelong friend is almost bedridden with several medical problems. Her husband, who has cared for her so lovingly, has now been diagnosed with bone cancer. How will they survive? Please lift up a prayer for them. Also, our nurse friend in Florida is having surgery today for a grapefruit-sized tumor. Her surgeon is positive it's only fibroid, and that's surely what we're praying for. She wants to return to West Africa at the end of the summer.

This morning I read some sobering words by Jesus in the closing verses of Matthew 16: "Anyone who intends to come with me has to let me lead. You're not in the driver's seat; I am. Don't run from suffering; embrace it. Follow me and I'll show you how. Self-help is no help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, my way, to finding yourself, your true self. What kind of deal is it to get everything you want but lose yourself? What could you ever trade your soul for?" That helps put daily life, with its challenges, into true perspective.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home