Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, April 28, 2008

Comfort

Having friends here Saturday night and Sunday was pure pleasure. The wife is a cancer survivor, four years "clean," and while cancer was not at all the main topic of our conversation, I found her presence and her comments very comforting. That reminds me of God's promise in 2 Corinthians 1: He "comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."

I'm afraid I was pretty weird. For most of Sunday, I felt "out of it," ready to drop off to sleep without notice, constantly squinting or wearing sun glasses because the light hurt my eyes. By evening, when I started to feel a bit normal, I wondered what I'd missed during the day. The Sunday school lesson was wonderful, I know, but even there I don't think I was very focused. I'd like to not have many more days like that! I'm thankful, though, that the digestive difficulties of Saturday didn't recur.

In the small print, I discovered that vitamin B6 interferes with Hexalen (chemo). I was getting that vitamin both in my multi and in a special Super B complex I have taken all along to reduce neuropathy. So I discontinued both; now praying that I can eat the right foods and that God will protect my nerve endings from further damage by the chemo.

Our friend who had heart surgery didn't feel well enough to have company. I hope he'll be out dancing soon.

Have a great day.

Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home