Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hunger for God

Yesterday I was able to settle down and have some quiet time in God’s Word after doing the blog. My reading in The Daily Message was Amos 4-6 which is not a book I would likely turn to on my own, but it certainly spoke to my heart. As the Israelites were being addressed, I felt that there was much that I needed to listen to. Here are a few portions of passages that have continued to play in my mind.

“Indolent and pampered, you demand…

This is serious – I, God, have sworn by my holiness!…

But you never get hungry for me. You continue to ignore me…

You didn’t notice me. You continued to ignore me…

So seek God and live! You don’t want to end up with nothing to show for your life but a pile of ashes, a house burned to the ground.

Woe to those addicted to feeling good – life without pain! Those obsessed with looking good – life without wrinkles! They could not care less about their country going to ruin.”

This was what I needed today to bring my thoughts away from my own “troubles” and focus on being hungry for God and living the balance of my life for Him. Oh there is still plenty of pain, and emotions still lie close to the surface, but I have seen Him working in so many unexpected ways that I could never doubt His faithfulness.

Might each of us have a growing hunger for God today.

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home