Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Blessing During Grief

Yesterday a dear friend who is in South America, included a quote from Thomas de Kempis that continues to be the cry of my heart;

"Make, O Lord, that possible to me by grace
which seemeth impossible to me by nature."

And He does! Last night I enjoyed a good sleep. I am afraid that I never really was thankful for restorative sleep until now when I have been awake so much during many nights. Thank you Lord for your love, grace, mercy and peace that is always available as we trust and obey You! Thanks also to you dear family and friends that stand closely by with calls, notes and visits as you continue to pray for me and my family members. God does hear...and he does answer our prayers!

Last evening I was blessed with visits from two of our "adopted" daughters. Our "southern daughter," Connie, dropped by for a brief good-by, and Sue with her sister Nancy stopped in as they travel North from Florida. Sue has been serving as a nurse at the SIM retirement center in Sebring and is now in final preparation to head for Guinea later this fall. Nancy lost her husband about a year ago, and a granddaughter recently. Their visit was timely and one more of those special gifts from our wonderful Lord.

Tomorrow I will leave early for Michigan where we will commit Carol's earthly remains to the earth at a private family gathering on Friday. On Saturday we will hold a second celebration of her life at Trinity Church in Lansing (3355 Dunkel Road). Celebration information should be in the Lansing State Journal on Friday. Pray for safety as family and friends travel, and for meaningful times of reflection and response as we share in the memory of one who impacted many of us for God's glory...Lord, may I have ears to hear what you are saying to me through these special times, and be obedient to your leading as I attempt to Fully Rely On God! (FROG)

I am not certain about connecting with the internet for the next few days, but will keep you posted as it is possible.

Your prayers and love continue to energise and encourage me.

Love,

Chuck

1 Comments:

At Thu Jul 31, 11:53:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chuck, thank you for sharing your journey of grief and grace through this blog. Carol would be delighted that the "Update" blog space is continuing to encourage all of us to depend on and accept God's grace. Am praying for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home