Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, September 12, 2008

Patience

This morning before beginning my reading, I asked the Lord to speak directly to me from His Word. This has been a busy week and it seems that each morning as I read, there is nothing that seems to “speak” directly to me. This morning the first thing I read really connected. The reading today in Indeed was on Patience; “A man’s wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense.” (Proverbs 19:11)

Discussing patience, the author says “Jesus could have won the kingdoms of this world at the Temptation, but He waited. He could have established His kingdom when He rode into Jerusalem, but He waited. He could have condemned those who crucified Him, but He waited. He could have called legions of angels to defend Him, but He waited. He could have returned yesterday, but He waited. Why is He so excruciatingly patient? Because the greater the investment in His people--in both time and spiritual maturity--the greater the benefit in the eternal scheme.”

Okay Lord. I hear you and will be working on that in my own life today and into the future as we continue down this very changed and winding road together!

Have a wonderful day and a fun weekend.

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home