Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, September 17, 2009

First Thing - PRAY!

I am amazed how easy it is to get so wrapped up in day-to-day activities and not take time for the things that are most important...like keeping up to date with family and friends.

Wednesday I was leading our chapel/prayer time at the office and for a devotional I focused on 1 Timothy 2:1-10 from The Message. Here are a couple of thoughts that especially spoke to me:

"The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know." I needed to hear that. It is so easy to get involved with so many good things and neglect the most important...prayer. Verses 8-9 say; "Since prayer is the bottom of all this, what I want mostly is for men to pray--not shaking angry fists at enemies but raising holy hands to God. And I want women to get in there with the men in humility before God..."

We took time to pray for friends, neighbors and family members as well as for the workers and countries scheduled for the 16th. We follow a schedule that allows us to pray for each of the countries and the workers each month. It is a joy and a privilege to do that each day, but it is also most important to keep my personal time with the Lord each day. That is where I find it is easy to slack off if I am not careful.

Today was my early day at the office. Leaving at 4:15 AM to pick up donated bread items for our guest house and the kitchens. It makes a long day but it is a huge saving for the mission, so I am pleased to do it.

Our temperatures are slightly cooler and there is a feeling of fall in the air these days as the days continue to get shorter. I am not sure where the summer went. Time just keeps moving on.

I trust that your week is going well. Thanks for your messages and prayers.

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home