Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Weekend activities

Thanks to the lovely fall rain, Saturday was a major appliance cleaning day for me. Refrigerator coils and it’s interior, dryer and vent along with the area under each and also the oven which needed some spills eliminated. After all of that it was necessary to clean the kitchen and laundry room floors and vacuum and dust throughout the house, wrapping up the day by getting the laundry out of the way. Fortunately it was not all work. I took a couple of hours off in the afternoon to celebrate the wedding anniversary of some dear coworkers. I confess that I did have “some moments” during their celebration, but did quite well. Being in the same room where we had celebrated Carol’s last birthday here made it a little difficult but I am thankful for the strength which the Lord provides day by day.

I have been reading the book of Jeremiah in The Daily Message. In Chapter 29 we read the message from “GOD-of-the-Angel-Armies, Israel’s God” as he reminds the exiles whom had been taken to Babylon that “as soon as Babylon’s seventy years are up and not a day before, I’ll show up and take care of you as I promised and bring you back home. I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.”

How often we quote verse 29:11 forgetting that seventy years of exile was also part of His plan for them. I am afraid that today we may be a little too much geared to an instant response as we pray, and forget that our timing may not necessarily be His. This spoke loud and clear to me as I read it and hopefully will impact my anticipated response to prayers in the future.

Our class today with Tom was a delight as usual, studying Psalm 56, reflecting on David’s words after being seized by the Philistines in Gath. What an encouragement to know that even the strong David experienced fear but was quick to put his trust in God and continue to praise Him during the ordeal. Another good lesson for me!

It is always a delight to hear from so many of you and be encouraged by your prayers. Thanks for keeping in touch!

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home