Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, November 30, 2009

Trip completed

I am thankful for another safe trip and for the special days that I had with several of our family members over the Thanksgiving weekend. I got an early 4 AM start this morning so was back home well before dark. I have some head and chest congestion that interrupted my sleep so I decided to get on the road rather than fight for a bit more sleep. Hopefully I will be able to catch up on the sleep a bit tonight and see the doctor tomorrow.

Daughter Sue who had surgery on both knees last week was unable to join us due to the danger of blood clots from travel, so she had some of Jeff’s family visit for a couple days. I suspect that she was on her feet a bit too much so has had some extra pain but says it is not excessive.

Friend John is still having a difficult time in the hospital and it appears that he will have to be moved to a Hospice unit in a few days when they locate a vacancy. We are praying that there will be an opening in a facility that is closer to their home so it will be easier for Mary Ella to commute.

Donna’s mom was moved today from a nursing facility that was not satisfactory to a Hospice unit which is much better staffed and will provide better care. Getting into the right place can be a challenge.

As I have been praying for these people I am continually reminded to pray for the caregivers also and am reminded of Isaiah 40:29 as I pray for them:

“He [God] gives power to those who are tired and worn out; he offers strength to the weak.”

Thanks for praying,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home